Sunday, July 03, 2011

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid continuing through my teenage years. Hell, I even blew off over 80 dollars worth last night when me, my father-in-law and a relative pitched in, so I'm not against it.

What bothers me is that today, as I was driving down the street to get home, I encountered four of your kids standing in the middle of the road and lighting off fireworks. Never mind that the middle of the street was so littered with firecrackers and assorted fireworks that you could barely see the road. What did bother me was that instead of looking to see if a care was coming, your boys proceeded to light off a cone firework.

I figured that once they saw me in the road that they'd move aside or at the very least, one of you would yell at them to get the hell out of the way! They finally saw me and walked rather slowly to the middle of the road. That's right, they barely moved and I was forced to swerve around them.

If this was me and my Dad was watching, he would have yelled at me good. So my advice is simple: Tell them to get the frak out of the way if a car is coming! It's not that hard....

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...