Thursday, September 01, 2005

I'm a smart ass today...

Today, I've been in smart ass overdrive. I don't know why. I just can't help myself.

I was telling a co-worker about the Hurrican Katrina damage in Louisiana. You see, she's been a little pre-occupied with moving, so she hasn't had cable tv until now. Also, she doesn't read newspapers, so she's been in a little bit of a news limbo.

I got to the part about dead bodies everywhere that are floating in the streets.

Her question: "How did they die?"

My response: "I'm guessing they drowned."

To be fair, I did mention that some died from buildings collapsing, disease and other causes.

Later, I'm getting boxes for my move to Omaha coming up at the end of this month. I'm carry the boxes out to our commuter bus. A guy helps me put them under the bus in one of the storage hatches.

He sees me coming and says, "Someone's moving!"

I get closer and set the boxes down.

He asks, "Are you moving?"

I say, "No. I'm just adding to my collection of office supply boxes."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[Bill Engvall]Heeeere's your sign[/Bill Engvall]

Bob At Large said...

Yes, I'm aware of the Engvall act and it was what I was thinking after I said the box comment.

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...