Monday, January 16, 2006

Did anyone notice this on the werewolf episode of CSI...?

Last Thursday, CSI had yet another genetic anomaly show. In the past, they've had people born with both organs, midgets, fat people and other physical/genetic quirks. This time, they had a show about incredibly hairy people that suffer from a genetic quirk that makes them incredibly hairy.

The episode featured a really hairy guy who gets murdered in his house by a silver bullet. It's only after investigating that they find out that the guy's girlfriend had been trying to call him all day. You also find out that he has a sister who is 5 times hairier than he is. She lives in a hidden room off of his living room. It's about a four foot by 7 foot room that has somehow evaded any suspicion of it's existence until now. That is, until the CSI team is doing some investigating and notice a hole with a light coming through the wall. This leads Katherine Willows (Marg Hellgenberger) to discover the sister of the "vic".

Which reminds me, do the police really refer to people that have been killed as the "vic"? It's only saving them one syllable and probably the same amount of time to say it. I'll have to look into that. In fact, I think I'm going to catalog their terms for future scrutiny.

As it is in any of the episodes about genetic abnormalities, people who come in contact with the "freaks" turn into extras from the Elephant Man. They mock the hairy people as people incapable of any normal life and of course, have to take the matter into their own hands by killing them.

This leads me to the loophole of this episode. While it is kind of interesting that someone would make a hidden bedroom for his sister, it is also interesting that someone very important didn't notice it's existence, even while standing in the room.

The victim's killer was the brother of the hairy guy's girlfriend, who was also supposed to be the victim's best friend. She had just accepted his marriage proposal and her family freaked. The brother enough to take the time to melt down some sterling silver, make a silver bullet and shoot the poor guy. Now that's some drastic final solutioning! The Nazis would have been proud.

The angry brother shows up at the hairy boyfriends house. His sister is out of her room and he tells her to go in. Before she can close the door, the brother bursts in and shoots the hairy boyfriend, who collapses inside the hidden room. The angry brother then walks over the hairy victim and mutters "Freak" and leaves, all the while completely oblivious that he had been standing in a hidden room that he had failed to notice the previous times he had been in the house and that the hairy victim's sister is behind the door seeing his reflection.

That would be the first thing that I would notice. I would think, "Freak! Wait a second? Why am I standing in the middle of an incredibly girly room that is behind what I thought was a solid wall? Oh, well..."

I guess you could argue heat of the moment, but he also fails to get rid of the evidence at his house as the police find his silver bullet mold intake with melted silver all over it. I mean, that's what I would do. I'd just leave evidence lying around when I'm still a police suspect.

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...