Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A funny Julia story and Bill critiques my finger story...

One of the ladies that works with Julia over at her pre-school is expecting a baby.

This lady told me that during her class today that she sat the class down to give the big announcement. When she told the class that she was going to have a baby, Julia put her hands to her head and exclaimed, "Oh NO!"

Then she asked, "You're not going to have a chimpanzee are you?"

Her and her co-teacher were laughing pretty hard at this while the rest of the kids looked confused.

I need to explain the chimpanzee comment. We got Julia a For Real Friend toy for Christmas that is a baby monkey that she calls "Chimp" or "Chip". We thought it was Chip at first, but it's sounding more like Chimp.

Chimp can hug you, eat a banana, be tickled and generally just 'ooks' and 'eeks' for about 5 minutes until he falls asleep. He'll interact with you if he keeps getting attention. Julia carries him around like he's her baby.

...

Bill gave me some feedback on my story about his cutting off his finger. I really should have consulted with him prior to publishing the story because I forgot one key detail that made part of it a lot funnier.

Right after I told Bill the 'as a rule of thumb' comment and his response about it being funny (Bill disputes that, but I swear I remember that comment), Bill asked, "How long have you waiting to ask that joke?"

I responded, "Pretty much all day."

This is where I can cut him some slack. As much as it seems like he's a major pain in the ass sometimes, and he can be (kidding), he generally never gets mad as me for writing about him. I think he secretly enjoys it.

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...