Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reading Harry Potter books to Julia...

I've been reading the Harry Potter books to Julia. She seems to really enjoy them. It took us over 6 months to get through the first one, mainly because I put it down and forgot to read it to her for months. We finally got around to finishing it a week or so ago. We then rented the movie, which she loved.

So I'm in the middle of the second book, The Chamber of Secrets and she keeps asking this every time I read and the character, Wood, says something.

Julia: "Who's Wood?"

Me: "He's the captain of the Griffindor Quidditch team. You ask me that every time he's mentioned."

To be fair, by the end of the series, there are over 100 characters to follow. I try to liven it up by using voices for different characters when I can. Julia says that she really likes that.

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...