Monday, February 21, 2005

Saw the movie Saw...

I had it all worked up to attempt a stupid rhyme review like She sells seashells on the seashore along the lines of "She saw saw simply to stupify her stepmother" or something like that, but I don't have that much free time on my hands.

So anyway, I saw the movie Saw and it was really good. It's a suspense thriller that for once had a lot of suspense and thrills. I read a lot of mediocre reviews this movie, but I found it quite good. Granted, if you are easily disturbed, then you'll either hate this movie or you'll be watching quite a bit of it with your hand over your eyes.

The movie centers around a villain named Jigsaw who doesn't actually kill his victims. He gets them to kill themselves or to kill others for the sake of saving their lives. One victim has a poison in his body and the antidote is in a safe. The numbers are on the wall among other numbers, but he only has a candle to light his way. Did I mention that the guy is smeared from head to toe in a highly flamable gel?

Such is the nature of Jigsaw. He invents deadly puzzles for this victims who are usually drugged and wake up in the puzzle.

The movie centers around two men who are chained to opposite ends of a dirty washroom. They are chained by one foot. There is no key and they are given saws that aren't strong enough to cut through chains, but they will cut through bone. You probably get where that leads.

I won't spoil the plot, but I would like to point out that one review I read said that the twists in this movie are sillier than the next. I heartily disagree. Considering the bizarre premise, I think all of the twists made sense. Also, I defy you to see the ending coming!

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...