Friday, December 23, 2005

Computer Broke - In a limbo

My computer is broke thanks to something I did...

My wife bought me a new computer case for Christmas because the old case's power supply is old and the case doesn't have a lot of ventilation. As a result, the temperature inside often ran at a balmy 140 degrees. Also, the computer started to act weird. I spent 30 minutes the other night typing my analysis of the local U2 concert when suddenly the computer reset. I had lost everything because I hadn't saved yet.

So I asked for a new case because I thought the power supply was going wacky. I moved everything over to the new computer, plugged everything in and turned on the computer. The computer chugged, but nothing happened. No beeps. No monitor signal. Nothing.

So the computer is at the computer shop waiting to be fixed.

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...