Monday, July 18, 2005

I find it ironic that a foot doctor is on the second floor for some reason...

I went to the foot doctor today. I finally caved in to my foot pain, which has gotten substantially worse in the last several weeks, and went to the foot doctor. I've been battling what is a dull throbbing pain in my right heel for a few years now. It comes and goes, but it's never too painful to worry about. Lately though, I feel it all over the balls of my feet. Seeing as I found out that both my parents suffer from fallen arches and Billtheeviltwin suffers from it as well, I decided to go see the foot doctor to take care of it.

I get to the plaza where the office is and am struck by something. The foot doctor's office is on the second floor. I immediately chuckle to myself because I picture the scene if the elevators ever stop working.

Patients would be growing up the stairs to get to their appointment. Granted, it's only one floor, but I'm sure they'd be pain.

Maybe there would be a sign that read: "Elevator out of order. Sorry for the temporary pain and inconvenience."

That was pretty funny to me until I got off the elevator. That's when I noticed that the back of the building has doors with a small driveway that gradually slopes down to the parking lot. Plus, it's a way shorter walk to the office door from there. I see someone was planning ahead at the thought of the situation that I imagined.

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...