Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I have a future with the geriatric set...

I read the previous story about my Grandma Jordan at her funeral on Monday. To my surprise, it went over way better than I thought it was going to. Although it was a sad occassion, I was glad to bring some laughter into the situation. I was surprised by the places people laughed the hardest at, like when I mentioned that Grandma told us the cow's tongue she served us for dinner was roast beef. I had to pause because the rush of laughter engulfed me.

After the funeral, I received many compliments from older people that they really enjoyed my story about Grandma.

Laura commented, "Wow. You really have a future with making the geriatric set laugh."

"Hey, they're going to be a rather large contingent of people in the coming years."

"Yeah, but you hate the Baby Boomers," she said.

"I know, but it's not like I'll do a reading like this: 'I hope you all die you spoiled boomers! Now who wants to hear some nostalgia comedy?'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dunno if you have ever gotten around to checking this (doubt you ever did)...but.....

maddox

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...