Wednesday, August 31, 2005

And Bill calls me cheap...?

I'm moving down the road from Lincoln to Omaha to be closer to my job, which is a good thing now since gas prices are rising to insane levels. My brother, Bill, commented to me that he'd like for us to go to a Nebraska football game this year as a kind of twin-brother bonding thing "since you're moving!" he exclaimed as if he was actually crying, but wasn't.

I said sure, but that Dad hadn't mentioned anything about getting tickets from his brother this year so I wasn't sure if we'd be able to go to any games.

Yesterday, I see a thread on a local Husker football message board that informs me that there are still some tickets available for purchase for the NU/Pitt game coming up in three weeks.

I call up Bill and tell him so.

His response, "Well, I don't want to pay for it!"

And he calls me cheap. He'll try to tell you that it's because his wife is starting a new job and things are tight, but admit it, Bill. You've got a little of the cheap in you. We are twins after all...

See the original Bill calling me cheap story here...

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...