Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Julia gets a job and wants to quit it...


For Julia's birthday, we gave her a Nintendo DS. It was either buy her a few presents like we always do that total up to that amount or buy her a DS.

I noticed that she always seemed to be playing the neighbor kid's DS when we'd pick her up after school. We borrowed one for on the way to Denver and it kept Julia engrossed for the most part.

We gave her a pink DS with two used games and one new one, which is called Animal Crossing. There is an Animal Crossing game on the Nintendo Gamecube that she really liked. In that game, you create a character who moves to a new town. You choose gender, too. In Julia's game, she moved into a house and set out to live. In the original game, you could dig holes in the ground to find items, get a job to earn money, pay off a mortgage, send letters, design clothes, catch insects for a museum, catch fish to earn money and many other activities.

The DS Animal Crossing is a bigger game with more to do. Julia moved into a house and then had to get a job to pay off her mortgage when she decided to build a second floor.

She took a job at the local store run by an animal named, Tom Nook.

Julia asked me a few times how to quit the job, but I wasn't sure.

Then she suddenly burst out a while later, "Now he wants me to TALK to the customers?! Augh! I'm going to quit this job!"

Laura and I had to laugh at that. She's learning a good life lesson. Work can certainly suck.

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...