Monday, April 03, 2006

Tell her it's an advant garde student film you made!

I watched the Ring Two on HBO last week. It wasn't really that scary anyway, but I was taken aback by the attempt to scare at the beginning. The premise is that if you watch the cursed tape, you'll die in seven days unless you show it to someone else, who then will die unless they show someone else, and so on...

A teenager is trying to get a girl he asked over to watch this tape because it's just so scary he has to show somebody. He reiterates that it's really scary and she has to watch it now! Phone rings. It's the guy's buddy who tells him that he made it. The clock says 10:58. When it hits 11:00 weird shit happens, girl watched video with her eyes closed and kid dies.

I don't know about you, but if it's imperative for me to live by showing someone else the death tape, I'd mail it to the person that I hate the most and if that fails, I'd tell the girl that it was a weirdo student film that my cousin wants a critique on... and I'd do it a lot sooner than two minutes to midnight! I'm sure Iron Maiden enjoyed the irony by you copying the song, but only in a movie would someone wait that late to show the movie.

Maybe he had it coming because he was forgetful.

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...