Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Too bad aspirin isn't invented yet...

The other day, I was talking with a co-worker about something when I mentioned that I had a headache.

She said, "You know what nurse told me about headaches?"

"What?" I asked.

"It's your body's way of telling 'Go take an aspirin with some water.'"

I laughed because I couldn't believe that.

I said something like, "You what I also heard? 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away.'"

That was a lame retort. I admit it. But talking with my wife, who gets headaches a lot since she suffers from migraines, she told me that there is some sort of truth in that. A headache can mean that the body needs more hydration, so you should drink some water.

I don't know if that's true or not, but I still have to think about the aspirin thing. That would be all well and good for now, but what did they do before aspirin was invented? I can just picture a person going to the doctor for a cure for the headache. The doctor would say, "Here, have a glass of water. I would tell you to take some aspirin with that, but it hasn't been invented yet. You'll just have to make due for now."

No comments:

Memo to some parents on my block this 4th of July...

I realize that it's July 4th and that boys like to shoot off fireworks. I, myself, blew up my fair share of them when I was a kid contin...